This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Merging two datasets

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Hi Adrian,
So i've been using the Ogama software on two different computers, running the same experiment. I'm now getting around to data analysis, and wanted to know if it is possible to merge the two databases into a single database. I can analyze the data individually, just would make life easier if this were merged.

Thanks

Aaron Johnson
Concordia Vision Lab, Montreal, Canada.
Mar 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Hi!
Can you put out the raw data from both computers, erase the header of one and copy the rest of the file in the file with the intact header. Then you should be able to read the data in OGAMA again.

Greetings,
Ewald
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM
when I do this, I keep getting error messages that don't allow the file to be imported:

Error on March-18-14, 2:04:17 PM
- Two consecutive raw data samples had the same sampling time 110.
Time in FileTime is 110
PrevTime in FileTime is 110
This indicates an logfile error or wrong timescale.
Please try to change the timescale to milliseconds.

Sincerely, Aaron

Aaron Johnson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Concordia University.
Research Resident, MAB - Mackay Rehabilitation Centre.
Member, Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation of Greater Montreal.

7141 Sherbrooke St. West, Room SP-245.05,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4B 1R6.
Tel. (514) 848-2424 ext. 2241 (office) or 5019 (lab).
Fax. (514) 848-4545
Email. [email removed]
Website. http://cvl.concordia.ca

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Hi Aaron,
have you tried to Export the subjects data from one Computer (in the database module) and Import this data on the other Computer with the Import assitant?
The error message you receive is quite clear... if you merge two datasets, be sure to add a column with the subject Name in each data row.
like this:

SubjectName TrialID X Y etc.
Adrian 1 200 400 ...
Adrian 1 202 320 ...
Aaron 1 330 332 ...
Aaron 1 320 330 ...

Regards,
Adrian
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Hi Adrian,

I do have a subject column name, but the problem seems to be in time sample stamp. I tried again today and get the following error message;

What seems to be the issue is that when the data is exported, then a lot of entries have the same time-stamp. I'm attaching an example excel file that shows the issue.
Is there some way to compensate for this (or remove the double samples). The problem of doing this manually is that, as you can see, there are a lot of double (or more) sample entries. (this was recorded on the Mirametrix S2 Binocular tracker - maybe this has something to do with it?).

Sincerely, Aaron

Aaron Johnson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Concordia University.
Research Resident, MAB - Mackay Rehabilitation Centre.
Member, Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation of Greater Montreal.

7141 Sherbrooke St. West, Room SP-245.05,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4B 1R6.
Tel. (514) 848-2424 ext. 2241 (office) or 5019 (lab).
Fax. (514) 848-4545
Email. [email removed]
Website. http://cvl.concordia.ca

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Hi Aaron, since this is an automated discussion Forum, attaching files does not work automatically. Please send the Picture with the error message and the Excel example directly to adrian(at)ogama.net
Regards, Adrian
P.S. BTW we had some Timing issues with the mirametrix Interface which were solved with the 4.4 Version, are you using this one, or did you record with the 4.3 Version?