This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

copying slides

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Hello all

I'm creating a multi-slide presentation (a story-length text which will be in two conditions, with and without illustrations, running across up to 20 slides), and I thought it would make preparation of the task faster and more accurate if I could copy and paste slides, keeping the common formatting etc for each slide and just editing the text in the copied slides. But copy and paste, though available (i.e. not dimmed in the menu bar), don't seem to do anything when I have a slide selected. Is this a problem for everyone else or is there something odd about my installation?

Perhaps there's some other way to duplicate slides??

Paul
Oct 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Hi Paul,

thanks for your suggestion, the copy and paste menu entries are of no use in the slide design module, that's a usability problem, sorry.
You are able to duplicate slides by selecting them in the left tree view and pressing ctrl while dragging them onto the folder you want the copy to be located.
Another way of automation would be to edit the .oga file which is plain xml with the slides listed...

Kind regards,
Adrian