This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Message of outdated browser using browser slides.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Hi!
I tried use a browser slide. Everything is fine except (I guess it is) the internal browers wants to force me to install a new Version and does not allow to Access the Website.
"WISSEN SIE, DASS IHR INTERNET EXPLORER NICHT MEHR AKTUELL IST?...."

Anyone a solution for this?

greetings,
Ewald
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Hi Ewald,
no idea, use the newest browser ;-). Which URL is it, so that I may reproduce the error?
Adrian
Jul 14, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Hi Adrian,
yes the obvious was never my strong point :-)
The URL is www.kaernten.at
I got the feeling that I somehow managed to screw up the installation (other strange behavior), therefore it would be nice if you could doublecheck.
I never used the browser slide element before, does it use a integrated browser or will it access local resources?

greetings,
Ewald
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Hi Ewald,
Ogama is using the System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser control which is a wrapper around an activeX object which uses the explorer installed on the system.
By default is uses the Explorer7 emulation mode, so the message of kaernten.at is ok, and I got it, too.
Referring to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4612255/regarding-ie9-webbrowser-control you may change this default behavior for Ogama with the following registry entry: under
(64Bit Systems) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
(32Bit Systems) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
Add a DWORD with Ogama.exe and the decimal value 9999.
After a restart of Ogama at least on my system the message for the outdated browser had disappeared.
Hope this works for you too,
kind regards,
Adrian
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Hi Adrian,

It works!

Thanks a lot!

greetings,
Ewald
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Hello,

I used this description to resolve another big problem I had using OGAMA 4.3 and 4.4, which was that many websites using JavaScript didn't work because, it seems, the version of IE used by OGAMA by default was to old to recognize functions like "querySelector" and others. Also it seemed to have trouble with CSS. I always got error messages in OGAMA when adding a webpage, during the experiment the page wasn't shown correctly and finally the program broke down at each trial.
Anyway, I added the DWORD and now everything works fine!

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Frederick
Mar 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Hi Frederick, glad to see that it helped for other bugs as well! Should include it in the installation ...
That´s the problem with software, ogama has been out there for a while and so somehow outdated... a fresh rewrite would be nice, but that´s plenty of work (so: no way :-) !
Regards, Adrian