This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

OGAMA Praise and question about synching data recording

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Firstly, I want to compliment this project. I stumbled across it after frustratingly scourging the internet for ITU Gazetracker help. It's great to see that the ITU project has continued active support!

Secondly, while I can get quick calibration and data recording with the slide show module. I'm interested in using a more sophisticated stimulus presentation task such as E-prime, Presentation, or the like. I want to track subjects' gaze, but for logistical reasons I need to synch the initiation of OGAMA Gazetracking and a separate program running on a separate machine. Have any other researchers tackled this issue? If so, from what angle?

Thanks in advance for the help, and let me know if you have any ideas!

--Ejgennrich
Jun 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Hi Ejgennrich,
deep inside the tabs of the slide design module you are able to specify a trigger to be sent to the LPT port on the beginning of each slide with a 8bit value indicating which slide is presented. Or take the record module there is a trigger settings button on top. I used this to synchronize with a NIRS.
Use the sources to adapt the trigger mechanism to send any trigger you want to any port you code...
Be aware that using eprime or presentation indicates that ogama has no knowledge of your trials and you would have to use screen recording which looses all your slide information for analysis. Think of getting your needs with ogamas slide design (which also may be adapted using the sources).
Kind regards,
Adrian
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Hi AVosskueh,

I'm still working on get the synchronization up and running, but I appreciate you're help on the issue.

Principally, I'm trying to get a work around in which OGAMA triggers the task, but simultaneously (based on slide timing) have a stimulus slide show running through OGAMA. (Though, I'm not sure this makes sense with my task, based on subject input timing not being fixed) The first step I took was to convert the task into pictures. I attempted to use OGAMA's "conversion to slideshow from folder" feature but half way through loading, the amount of pictures overwhelms OGAMA and causes errors. Is there a way around this? Or is there a strict limit on the amount of files that can be in OGAMA.

If that is the case, is there a way to loop the slideshow to restart or replay certain slides?

Sorry for the jumbledness of my brainstorming. Any ideas you have are very welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Ejgennrich

EDIT: It doesn't seem theres a way to deal with as many slides as I'd need. It seems to cap at around 65 image slides with each file being less than 200 kb in size. Hmm.
Jul 13, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Hi Evan,
I am able to import 200 images and more with sizes about 500kb in size.
What I found out, that the importer ignores all images with an extension in CAPITALS, so pictures call 4412-23.JPG are ignored... that's a bug that will be fixed in the next version, but the workaround is simple... use lowercase extensions.
But you are getting errors, I´m interested in the exact messages and the steps to reproduce, maybe there is another bug.
Kind regards,
Adrian