This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

desktop recorder does not playback

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

After a desktop recording, when I playback I get a black screen.

After I record, slidetype:  desktop recording, evrything seems to go well.

When I press play button afterwards I get small window: "Paramater Failed"

other error window shows report:

Er kan geen combinatie van filters worden gevonden om de gegevensstroom te genereren.------------------------------------
Method name:ThrowExceptionForHR
Line: 0
Column: 0
Message: Er kan geen combinatie van filters worden gevonden om de gegevensstroom te genereren.
Source: DirectShowLib-2005
TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32)
StackTrace:    at DirectShowLib.DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 hr)
   at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.DSScreenCapture.Stop()
   at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.PresenterModule.StopScreenCapturing(Boolean trialChange)
   at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.PresenterModule.CheckforSlideChange(Boolean timeOver)

During setup proppage.dll error occurs, further installation is succesfull.

I tried donwloading other videocodecs with no results.

It is a pity, evrything works great for the rest. calibration is ok, game is fast enough during measurment. Raw data look great, only problem is the recording..

all suggestions are more than welcome...

kind regards

Martijn

May 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hi Martin,

I' have the same problem. 

Did you find the solution since last week ? 

Best

Alex

May 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hi !

The problem might come from the encoder you're using.  You can modify the choice of your encoder by pressing the "Screen Capture Setting" button. 

My default encoder use to be ffdshow video encoder but it wasn't working. Now I use micrsoft video 1 and this is much better. 

Best 

Alex

May 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I have checked my registry and found that porppage.dll is registered.

Could this be a problem? Is it possible that the installation of proppage.dll failes because it is already installed?

I would add a screengrab but I do not see how to attach an image..

thanks in advance for your interest in my problem.

martijn

May 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Thanks Alex for your help, I also think that it´s an encoder problem (also have a look at http://ogama.codeplex.com/workitem/17). As already said, the proppage.dll registration is of no interest for this problem. You can safely ignore this error as far as i know, and i´m 95% sure, that it is not related to the black screen.
Martijn, if you cannot solve it post more detailed steps along with screen grabs or a screen capture video of what your settings are, otherwise we will have no option to solve it except letting me get my hands on your machine via TeamViewer...

Regards, Adrian