This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't save experiment?

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:54 AM

First off, OGAMA is great stuff and I can't wait to start collecting data with it!

I am having some issues at the start, though, as I am unable to save experiments. After designing a number of experiments in the design module and attempting to save, I get an error message saying "unhandled exception has occurred in your application...Cannot add or insert the item "Slideshow" in more than one place. You must first remove it from its current location or clone it. Parameter name: node."

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/110/screenshothny.jpg

I've created several different experiments with different names (i.e., not "slideshow") and am still getting the same error message followed by the design module freezing if I click "continue" or OGAMA closing if I click "quit." Already uninstalled and reinstalled OGAMA several times now. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Hi Ufaba,

to track this bug down please provide the steps in detail to reproduce the issue.
I suppose you created a new experiment, then opened the slideshow design module and then, what are the next steps you do until you receive the exception (including each mouseclick or keypress on the slideshow module). If I can reproduce your issue, I can fix it.
Reinstalling Ogama does not help, you do not have to try this.
Kind regards, Adrian

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.