This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem with AVI Export in Replay Module

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Hello,

I just started using Ogama to analyze some eye tracking data from a recently completed study, and I have not been able to get the "Export to avi" function in the replay module to work correctly. We have chunks of eye tracking data about 8-12 minutes in length, and I need to be able to export a video of that entire duration. However when I try to do this, Ogama only exports a small portion from the beginning of the data to the .avi file.

After I click the "Export to avi" button and click OK on the options dialog, a window appears in the middle of the screen which says Ogama is rendering the video and displays a progress bar at the bottom. But after a short time, and while the progress bar is only 5-10% filled, that window just disappears. Opening the .avi file which Ogama has created confirms that only a small portion of the replay has been exported. The actual amount of the replay which Ogama exports before stopping seems to be random, and I have observed the duration of the resulting video to range from about 10-40 s. But in all cases, the .avi file is much shorter than the full replay.

I have tried all of the different video compressors listed in the video export options dialog, but the same problem occurs regardless of which one is chosen. If anyone else has encountered similar problems, or has any ideas of how this issue may be resolved, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thanks,
Kevin
Mar 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM
I am also having the same problem using Ogama with the Eye Tribe tracker on Macbook Pro with Bootcamp Windows 10.

For me the replay window also freezes after playing back a short amount of video, although the video will start playing again if I move the play head forwards and start again. However the video always freezes when exporting to avi.

Could this be a problem with how i'm exporting my videos to .swf? I'm using adobe media encoder to go from mp4 to .flv and then flash cs6 to go from flv to .swf
Mar 24, 2016 at 3:31 PM
This fixed the problem for me:

I downloaded this codec pack: http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_mega_codec_pack_download.htm

the installer uninstalls outdated codecs and installs the ones required to play the avi files OGAMA puts out. The replay window also works and the output works the whole way through.

Not sure if this will work for you. My issue is I'm using bootcamp Windows so didn't have anything installed.

Do have a new problem which is that the spotlight/other visulations of the data move les/more slowly than they do in the replay module. presumably theres a setting somewhere I need to change. Any help with this?