This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Desktop module, Synchronize data for different trials.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:19 PM
I am using desktop module to observe eye tracking when watching a video. I have around 10 participants and i need to take the mean of the data finally. The play starting point of video may differ for different subjects. How can i get the start point of the play of video for different participants accurately so that i can synchronize the data right. I don't want to use Flashfile .swf format as i need to play mp4 files.

Also, I hope you can consider including playing videos of different formats in ogama in future versions.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Hi there,
there is no real video playing functionalty available in ogama, cause it is very difficult to have an accurate synchronization with the gaze data. Also the analysis modules are suited for still images... not dynamic stimuli. Flash format would not help btw. I had some feature requests for including video analysis, but this would lead to a huge rewrite of ogama, for which there is no time... but would love to see someone doing this work, thats why it is open source.
I don´t know if this helps, but it might help to set a manual trigger by pressing F12 during record at the start time you want to synchronize for each participant. This trigger will be available in the trial event table with a time stamp.
Kind regards,
Adrian