This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

unable to use open source in recording module

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:17 PM
In order to check gaze directions inside head mounted three-dimensional goggles, we installed a infrared camera inside those goggles. With Haytam, we are able to record the gaze directions. For further experiments we want to import the Haytam data into OGAMA directly with the recording module, to process the results with the OGAMA functions. When we start the recording module and want to select an open source tracker (e.g. Haytham) the program seems to be unable to select any of the four given options at all. When one of the other open source trackers is selected, nothing actually happens either. We run the program on a Windows 7 laptop. Is there something we do wrong or is the program not fully compatible with Windows 7? We'd like suggestions.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Ogama is fully Windows 7 compatible.
Did you click on the checkbox itself to select the tracker in the tracker selection dialog? It won´t check if you click on the text.
Once the checkmark is set it a tab for this tracker will be visible in the recording module.
Adrian
Aug 24, 2015 at 1:09 PM
Yes I clicked on the checkbox and a checkmark is set, but after that no tab shows up.

Paul
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2015 at 1:28 PM
Create a new project, go directly to the recording module, click on the button (tooltip states: Select installed tracking device) left of the Tracker settings.
The dialog opens without any tracker selected, go to the open source tracker tab, check the mouse only checkbox and click ok, close and reopen the recording module.
There should be a tab called "MouseOnly" with two buttons "Subject" and "Record".
If not ... no idea (Do you have compiled yourself, do you use ogama 5) ?
Aug 31, 2015 at 11:19 AM
It turned out to be a problem with my screen settings, which made the okay button invisible, but it's fixed now. Thanks for the fast reply.

Furthermore I wondered if there are more people experiencing problems with camera lag in the Haytham application. Outside Haytham the infrared camera works perfectly fine, but when used as the tracking camera it delays for approximately one second, making it impossible to calibrate. Changed all the settings but nothing worked so far. Does anyone have a clue about the cause for this problem?