This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SQL Connection Failed

May 3, 2015 at 4:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I am using Ogama for my research work and it was working just fine on my computer till today. I wanted to open an experiment file that I had recorded on a different computer but n it didnt open and OGAMA suggested that I delete 'AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESS folder.

I did that but it didn't help. The worse thing is after that Ogama is not working on my computer. It's says " Please specify the correct name for the running SQL Server instance". and when I click on test connection it says"connection failed.

I checked SQL server in services, its running. I even connected to db in SQL management studio. I did not do anything with my SQL server (except deletion of that folder).

I even tried to uninstall everything and reinstalled, SQL, OGAMA and SQL shared management objects, but It didn't help.

Here's the error log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjra7kjess774h2/New%20Text%20Document.txt?dl=0

Please Help

Thanks
Idris

P.S: I am not a Computer Science guy, so forgive me if I am making some silly mistake
May 4, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Edited May 4, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Guys Any suggestions??

@Adrian??
May 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM
Hi Idris,

I had the same error few days ego.

You must indeed delete SQL Server.
but i think there is a specific order to delete.
Therefore, install all the program, you deleted yet.

First you must go on Programs and Features. Supress SQL server 2014.
a window opens and you have to choose delete again.
it allows you to delete instance; so delete all the instance built.

After supressing all the instance you can supress all your program SQL and install it again.
You create the instance SQLEXPRESS and it should work again.

Regards,
William
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Ogama V5 introduces SQLite support, which will be less problematic I hope,
Adrian