This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Web usability test

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Dear,

In a usability test of a website, I inserted the link in the Design Module and colected the data with Eye Tribe Eyetracker. In the Attention Map module, the heatmap was generated just for the half up of the webpage. The half down of the page there was none heatmap infromation.

How can I program Ogama to undestand the scroll of screen and collect data for the full website page?
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Hi Airton,

except the replay module no other module was currently finished to understand Website Stimuli correct. E.G. the Fixation calculation module does not check the scroll Events, so Fixation Location of all other modules (except replay) are misscaled.
You would have to adapt the General fixation calculation code to care of scroll Events and adapt the sizes of the overlay Images with the heatmap for the other modules.
Adrian
Apr 25, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Dear,

I have tried to record the desktop. I was successful but I am unable to get by what value the screen is scrolling up and down. For eg. suppose when I am scrolling up the screen and then looking into the screen , then what is the displacement of the fixation coordinates with respect to the screen coordinates.

regards
Sayani
May 5, 2015 at 11:38 AM
Hi Sayani,
I currently have no working OGAMA but isn't desktop only recording a movie and does overlay the gaze?

Greetings,
Ewald
May 18, 2015 at 5:02 AM
Dear Ewald,

Sorry for my late reply. Yes, it gives only video recording and also overlays the gaze points.

Greetings,
Sayani
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 6:38 AM
Hi Airton,
Version 5 of Ogama now correctly handles heatmap Information on Websites larger than one screensize.

Hi Sayani,
during Desktop recording no scrolling is recorded, it is just a simple bitcopy from the presentation Screen into a Video. The gaze coordinates are always in respect to the presentation Screen size. In Website mode, the Scrolling is tracked and the gazes y-value can be greater than presentation Screen height.

Regards,
Adrian
May 19, 2015 at 5:01 AM
thank you Adrian.
May 22, 2015 at 6:17 AM
Dear Adrian,

Could please tell me the details of the fields "start time" and "length" in gaze fixation module.?

regards,
Sayani
Coordinator
May 27, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Hi Sayani,
"start time" is the start time of the fixation in milliseconds with respect to the trials starting time. "Length" is the fixation duration in milliseconds.
Regards,
Adrian
Jun 2, 2015 at 5:09 AM
thank you Adrian.
Jun 14, 2015 at 7:11 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2015 at 7:11 PM
Dear Adrian,
      While desktop recording, we get a movie file and also a raw data  file containing total time duration and screen coordinates with respect to movie file. But, the time duration for the movie file and the total time duration given in raw data file is not same. why is it so and which time to consider?
regards,
Sayani
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM
Hi Sayani,
the trustable timing source is the raw data timing. It was made a lot of effort, that this time is in sync with the eyetrackers time, so you can rely on this.
The Duration of the Video depends on a lot of factors and is not in sync with the raw data time always. During recording on each slide change it is beeing synchronized with the raw data time but on lengthy Trials it may have depending on Hardware, compressor, etc. a noticeable delay.
One would Need a lot more development effort to have the Screen Recorder absolutely in sync with the eyetracking time...
I know that is a huge drawback when trying to analyze, that´s why I do not recommend using Ogamas Screen recording Option, but on Trials <3 minutes the delay is not noticeable at least on my machine.
Regards,
Adrian