This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Import video

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Hello everyone!
How do import a video file from mobile recording scene with the gaze tracker data to analysis module OGAMA?
Sergey

1 moth later- I solved the problem. Import video to work /replay module good/, but can not perform skanpaths module and attention map module - video file does not see into program
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Hi Sergey,
ogama is not really suitable for analyzing Videos, it was designed for still Stimuli, thats why only the replay module (Kind of) works with Videos.
To really integrate Video Analysis within ogama this will need a really huge rewrite of the code, which I do not have the time for .
Sorry,
Adrian
Aug 19, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Edited Aug 19, 2014 at 9:50 AM
hi adrian,

just to add to this: i think the raw data that ogama provides is already fine for video analysis, as we have to identify our aois with color coding manually anyway.
but unfortunately i was not able to encode any swf video that did not result in a pointer error in ogama.

could you state how you encode your swf videos to be able to be presented in ogama ? that would be of great help.

sorry for reactivating this topic, i know that ogama is not made for this.

-- edit --

seems that my errors are more of a database error than video problems, as slidshow runs fine. I send some logs to your mail.

best,
daniel
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM
Hi Daniel, I cannot think of special Needs for the SWF files Encoding. All Flash files are displayed using the IViewObject Interface from the flashcontrols ocx.
  // Grab IViewObject interface from the ocx.  
  Tools.Interfaces.IViewObject viewObject = (Tools.Interfaces.IViewObject)this.flashControl.GetOcx();
Instead there might be Problems with the Screen Recorder which is used when recording Flash Stimuli.
Adrian