This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

importing picture file

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Hi
when I try to import a picture file into a slide I get an error and an "exception occurred" window that I cannot get to close ('Try to continue' does not succeed - the only way to get out is to go to Task Manager and close Ogama down). The log entry is pasted below. I think the problem is that the picture is too large, but I don't know what size I need to change it to before trying to import, and I was hoping that I would be able to import it and then re-size it.

Error on 14 August 2013, 20:06:17
  • Value of '2362' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value------------------------------------
    Method name:set_Value
    Line: 0
    Column: 0
    Message: Value of '2362' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
    Source: System.Windows.Forms
    TargetSite: Void set_Value(System.Decimal)
    StackTrace: at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
    at Ogama.Modules.SlideshowDesign.DesignModule.SlideDesignModule.UpdateShapePositionAndSizeNumerics(VGElement shape)

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Hi,

you were right, the maximum allowed size was twice the presentation screen size. I wonder why the error handling was not good enough. sorry for that. I adapted it to accept 5*screensize in next version 4.4.
But more important, my strong suggestion is to resize images to screen size before import, cause ogama just renders the original size to the smaller screen size using the original file (without creating a new smaller, fitted image), so as you might know rescaling uses processor load this can lead to heavy performance lacks, especially during replay.

Kind regards,
Adrian