This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Priming experiments II - Presentation stops

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Hello!
I have another issue with my priming experiments.

I created the following slide/presentation structure.
  • 4 kinds of Primes/Pictures which are shuffled and presented for 40ms
  • Desktopslides that are presented for 4 seconds
  • Both are in a higher level folder that is shuffled but all shuffle options are disabled --> Therefore this results in a loop that presents a random prime slide, a desktopslide and starts again
  • This is preceded by a desktop slide that needs as a reaction to press the spacebar --> This is to start the presentation more precisely.
So far so good.

The whole thing runs in parallel with Tobii Studio (hardware x120) which logs a website.

The problem:
  • At some point (1minute to 6 min) the presentation of the primes stops. We got no error message and the data can be save. --> I think form the perspective of OGAMA everything is ok.
I know this is a very fragile setting but has anyone an idea what this could be?

We tested it (without sitting all the time in front of the eye tracker) and never got an error but if anyone does the task it is more likely that we get the error.

Greetings,
Ewald
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Hello!
Sorry, seems that I was a bit hasty with my question.

I think I found the problem. It seems that only one shuffling setting is supported in one experiment. If that is true, one cannot use the shuffle function as a loop in one part and to shuffle a set of stimuli in a other part.

I will now setup the experiment manually.

Greetings,
Ewald
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
A shuffle loop is not supported in any way, as far as I know :-).
Once all slides from a folder are presented (depending on shuffle options) the next part of the slideshow is shown... otherwise ogama would not know when to end.
Kind regards,
Adrian