This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

video export freezes

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Hi
I'm finding that video export freezes most of the time, so badly that I have to kill Ogama in Task Manager. It is not always at the same point - sometimes it is when I click on Export to AVI, sometimes when I try to enter a file name in the next window, sometimes while it is trying to write the file. I can't work out a sensible way to debug this, so any suggestions would be welcome.
Also, when the export does work, the resulting file causes Windows MediaPlayer to crash. I can get it to play if I convert with an application like Prism Video File Converter, saving it as an AVI with a different frame rate, so maybe the default frame rate in the Export is not compatible with MediaPlayer?
Paul
Aug 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Hi!
What settings do you use for the Video? I tried to replicate with the highest quality but didn't get an error. Is the video very long?
Since you got error already before the export process starts I think it's not a problem of the converter. I made the experience that the installation OGAMA can be very sensitive to the software prerequirements. Therefore a straight forward way to solve the problem might be to uninstall OGAMA make sure all prerequirements are meet (bonjour, SQL, .NET) and then reinstall OGAMA.

Greetings Ewald
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Hi Paul,
you didn´t get any message, just freezing? Does pressing ESC helps? Is the CPU load high in freezing? Does the other modules are responsive?
It would help debugging if you can send the project that causes the error along with the steps to reproduce (frame rate, encoder, each step).
MediaPlayer can handle all frame rates, but it seems that the video export does not write the correct bits at the end of the file, so media player crashes, but video software can read out the frames until the end.
Regards,
Adrian