This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

GTHardware

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Hello,

first off let me say hwo impressed I am by the OGAMA Project. I have been working for my doctoral thesis with commercial software so far and OGAMA appears to be even more intuitive and handy than what I have worked with so far. Unfortunately I have some trouble getting OGAMA to work with my PC.

My system:

MS Windows XP Pro x64
SP2

CPU: AMD FX-8120
16 GB RAM

Modified Webcam: Conrad 150WS HD-Webcam 720p
http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/351922/150WS-HD-Webcam-720p-Silber;jsessionid=2B5502F076CEE14F017370C975FA565B.ASTPCEN06

I've installed MSI SQL EXPRESS 2008 and I can launch OGAMA without any trouble (only the proppage.dll did not register while installing). I can create an experiment etc. however, as soon as I try to launch the "Recording" I get the following error:
  • Could not load file or assembly 'GTHardware, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bf600965c04ba845' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.------------------------------------
    Method name:.ctor
    Line: 0
    Column: 0
    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'GTHardware, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bf600965c04ba845' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    Source: OgamaControls
    TargetSite: Void .ctor(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32, System.Drawing.Size, System.String, OgamaControls.CaptureMode, System.Windows.Forms.Control)
    StackTrace: at OgamaControls.CaptureDeviceProperties..ctor(String newVideoInputDevice, String newAudioInputDevice, String newVideoCompressor, String newAudioCompressor, Int32 newFrameRate, Size newVideoSize, String newFilename, CaptureMode newCaptureMode, Control newPreviewWindow)
    at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.ScreenCaptureProperties..ctor(String newVideoInputDevice, String newAudioInputDevice, String newVideoCompressor, String newAudioCompressor, Int32 newFrameRate, Size newVideoSize, String newFilename, CaptureMode newCaptureMode, Int32 newMonitorIndex, Control newPreviewWindow)
    at Ogama.Modules.Recording.RecordModule.InitializeCustomElements()
    at Ogama.MainWindow.MainForm.CreateRecordingView()
    at Ogama.MainWindow.MainForm.ShowTaskChooseDialog()
    at Ogama.MainWindow.MainForm.OpenDocument(String filename)
    at Ogama.MainWindow.MainForm.LoadProjectWithStartUpScreen()
I thought it might be because OGAMA had trouble working with my Webcam. As I wanted to use ITU GazeTracker as tracking software I tried launching the GazeTracker v2.0b x64 alone, and it has no trouble recognizing and working with the webcam.

If you had any advice for me how I can proceed, I would really much appreciate it.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Frederick
Jun 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I forgot to mention that I use the latest version of OGAMA 4.3 for 64 bit systems!

Thanks,

Frederick
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Hi Frederick,

the x64 version is experimental so this might be the reason you have problems with the gazetracker.
Did you tried to launch the working gazetracker 2.0b x64 and connect from within ogama with the network client?
Does it work with the 32bit version of ogama?
The error you send in indicates that there is a 32 bit dll referenced somewhere in the GTHardware.dll which was build for 64 bit which will fail. I will investigate this once I have time, thanks for your report.

Adrian
Jun 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Hi Adrian,

thanks for the quick reply! I'll check if I can find how to connect to GazeTracker via the network client in OGAMA, I haven't noticed this was possible.

Just for more detail concerning the problem I have, it seems OGAMA can't work with the webcam, as I am also unable to get the "Usercam" feature to work.

I really appreciate all the work you put into this project and I am sure it will become a very popular tool for many research institutions very soon. I'm going to present what I've done so far with my "low-cost" eye-tracker and GazeTracker - OGAMA tomorrow in France on an Eye-Tracking convention for marketing researchers from various universities who are already very interested in your project.

So thanks again, I look forward to working with OGAMA on a x64 system :)

Best wishes,

Frederick
Jun 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Hi again,

you suggested to connect to GazeTracker from within OGAMA, but, as far as I understand from the documentation, this is only possible from the recording module. In my case, this module doesn't launch. I get the error message as soon as I click on "recording".

Thank you very much for your support!

Best wishes,

Frederick
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Hi Frederick,
yes you would have to first solve the problem with the dlls (any progress on using x86 version?) then you are able to try using the webcam as a input device either for the user camera feature or the gazetracking with the gazetracker.
Adrian