This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem with exporting video

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I am currently trying to export video based on imported data, so that I may overlay these in video editing software to an original recording of game footage (which, for some reason, I am not able to do in Ogama currently).

However, when the exporting of the video is finished, Ogama crashes and the resulting video is corrupted. Anyone knows what the problem is here? Even on default export settings (including ffdshow) it crashes.
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Try to Register the GenericSampleSourceFilter.ax found in the application Folder. with regsvr32 in the command window (run as Administrator).
But also I think I found a bug preventing the Export under some circumstances from finishing.
In the meantime (workaround) hit ESC shortly before the Progress bar of the video Export hits the end and you will get your Video...
Regards, Adrian
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Heh, it seems I might be having that bug you mentioned :)

I have registered the ax file, but the problem unfortunately persists. On top of that, the "cancel before the end" workaround doesn't work either, as the video tends to crash around the 30-50% mark. So far, with the 8 exports I have tried out, only one actually made it until the end (this concerns an 18 second video file). I doubt this might be the problem, but what codec would you recommend exporting as?
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Did your problems persist with the 4.3 version of april? (Using the distributed ffdshow with MPEG-4 at least works in all configurations on my machine)
Regards,
Adrian