This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple import image slides to the same format

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Is it possible to import multiple images at once to create a number of image slides? I have 200 images in .jpg format that I want to import, but would rather not have to import each image individually. Is there a way of importing them all at once, so that each image generates a slide automatically?

Aaron Johnson
Concordia Vision Labs, Montreal.
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Hi Aaron,

in the slide design module there is a button with the tooltip “import folder as slides” which is a batch import, where you can specify defaults for each image in the folder and automatically create the slides!

Kind regards, Adrian

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM
thanks Adrian. I'll try this out.

The only other question I have is about a pre-trial fixation screen. Since i'm planning on doing scan-path analysis, I want all participants to start the trial looking at a fixation point, followed by a random image. Now I know how to randomize the image presentation, but if I do that then I loose the ability to place a fixation screen before the image (at the moment the folder has one fixation screen, then one image, continuing like that for all 200 images). Is there another way to program it so that the fixation screen is presented?

I have to say i'm impressed by Ogama. I use SR Research's experiment builder and Psychophysics toolbox usually, but I recently purchased two S2 Mirametrix systems, and have found your program easy to use and student friendly, allowing some students that cannot program to develop simple eye tracking experiments.

Sincerely, Aaron

Aaron Johnson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology.

Department of Psychology, Concordia University,
7141 Sherbrooke St. West, Room SP-245.05,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4B 1R6.
Tel. (514) 848-2424 ext. 2241 (office) or 5019 (lab).
Fax: (514) 848-4545 Email: aaron.johnson@concordia.ca

On 2013-03-19, at 5:07 PM, AVosskuehler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Aaron,

in the slide design module there is a button with the tooltip “import folder as slides” which is a batch import, where you can specify defaults for each image in the folder and automatically create the slides!

Kind regards, Adrian

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Hi Aaron,

I agree that it would be a good idea to have the option to present a fixation target for a specific time before each trial image which will not be used for analysis, but that’s not implemented in ogama yet. I put it on my todo list J. In the meantime you may use the following workaround: import all trials to be shuffled and create one fixation trial. Copy the fixation slide in between all image slides using drag drop in the slide design modules trial tree, then select each pair of fixation trial and image trial , right click and select “combine as trial” so both slides are treated as one analysis and display unit and are now able to be shuffled like you want them to… the draw back on this that you will always have the fixation data of the fixation slide in you statistical data.

Regards,

Adrian

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Hi Aaron,
with changeset c2d095e50f57 I implemented the option to use pre Trial Fixation Screens (will released in V 4.3). You have to specify the Fixation sharp only once and can now use it from each slide. You will have to Import all Pictures, than create the pre Trial Fixation slide and then update all slides to use this as a pre Trial Fixation slide (rightmost slide properties tab in the slide design). Edit the .oga XML manually if you don't want to open each slide in the slide designer.
Be sure to mark the pre Trial slide as "Disabled" to avoid it beeing used in Analysis or written to database.
Kind regards,
Adrian
Apr 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM
thanks Adrian, will have a look at this once the update is released.
On 2013-03-31, at 4:56 PM, AVosskuehler <[email removed]>
wrote:

Hi Aaron,
with changeset c2d095e50f57 I implemented the option to use pre Trial Fixation Screens (will released in V 4.3). You have to specify the Fixation sharp only once and can now use it from each slide. You will have to Import all Pictures, than create the pre Trial Fixation slide and then update all slides to use this as a pre Trial Fixation slide (rightmost slide properties tab in the slide design). Edit the .oga XML manually if you don't want to open each slide in the slide designer.
Be sure to mark the pre Trial slide as "Disabled" to avoid it beeing used in Analysis or written to database.
Kind regards,
Adrian

Sincerely, Aaron

Aaron Johnson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology.

Department of Psychology, Concordia University,
7141 Sherbrooke St. West, Room SP-245.05,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4B 1R6.
Tel. (514) 848-2424 ext. 2241 (office) or 5019 (lab).
Fax: (514) 848-4545 Email: [email removed]