This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Why is Thorlabs DCC1545M frame rate set at 13 fps?

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Edited Jun 22, 2013 at 2:47 AM
After posting the question below, I decided to eliminate the issue of processor speed and bought a computer with a Window User Experience of 7.7 overall with some components with an index of 7.9. I expected this to improve the frame rate of the Thorlabs camera, but I still have only one mode option with the camera which is 1280 x 1024 @ 13 FPS. The CPU usage is always less than 8%. The system I'm using is a Core i7 -3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, with a NVIDIA GTX670 graphics card, and the primary disk drive is SSD.

I've poked around in the settings in the camera class, etc looking for some way to increase this but haven't found where to change this. Can anyone give me any advice on how to improve this? Everything works, but this frame rate is too slow to do anything.

Hello all, I started off with a headmounted camera using GazeTracker in Ogama, and was getting standard frame rates of 30 fps. Because of my subjects' head movements and the position of the camera, I decided to try the recommended Thorlabs DCC1545M for a remote set up. Now I am only able to get 13 fps which seems to be too slow for any reasonable accuracy in GazeTracker. I know other people have had similar problems. I would very much appreciate any advice on how to resolve this problem. I have a Asus laptop with a i5 CPU running at 2.5 ghz. It has 4gb of RAM, and Intel 4000 graphics board. I contacted Thorlabs, and they seemed to imply that the hardware was inadequate. They recommended reducing the AOI and grayscale level. I bought the laptop based on the  specifications they recommended. I have read through almost all of the ITU GazeTracker forum, and have found posts of various attempts, but I haven't found any one that resolves this problem. If anyone could direct me to one, that would be helpful, Thank you, Dana Del Raye
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Hi Dana,
  • have you tried both, the gazetracker direct and the Network Client of the gazetracker delivered with ogama?
  • have you tried with the gazetracker Version 2.0b 32-bit from the itu site http://sourceforge.net/projects/gazetrackinglib and connected with the Network Client from within ogama?
  • what about the haytham tracker, does it provides better framerates (but connection to ogama is under development) ?
    Kind regards,
    Adrian