This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help needed with installing

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hi all,

I have an ITU Gazetracker up and running on a windows XP box. After a lot of research I decided to use Ogama as softwaretool for my usability testing

I Thought it would be a matter of 'just' install the software. But this was not the case. I installed

the software and got all kind of messages of missing stuff. I did install the extra software

• Microsoft SQL Express 2008
  • Microsoft DotNet 4
  • Microsoft Windows Installer 4.5
  • Microsoft Visual C++ runtimes
  • Apple Bonjour

but actually I had no idea what I was doing and still the application have problems installing because of 'not able to register all kind of stuff'.

Dont know where to start solving this problem. Who can help me getting it up and running, perhaps via screensharing.

Othterwise I would be very thankfull if someone has a clear install procedure including all dependent software.

Best regard

Martijn Dekker.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Hi!

Think it would be easier if you provide the error messages when you start OGAMA. Normally all additional software is installed like it is in default mode.

Specially for SQL I also got a lot of error messages. Normally installing and reinstalling helps here.

Greetings Ewald

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hi Martijn,

on 64 bit systems some of the directshow filters will not be registered. For the default processing this will not be a problem at all, video export will fail. As Ewald said, the error messages during startup of ogama will help to get you further. Using a 32 bit system will be less error prone I think. The 64 bit version is still in development.

Regards, Adrian