This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error message: Invalid Pointer

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Edited Apr 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I get a dutch error message.

Translated into english it is: "Invalid pointer error"

The error occurs right away when I start a recording with a "desktop recording slide"

Does anyone understand what is going on here?

Error Details are:

Ongeldige aanwijzer
------------------------------------
Method name:ThrowExceptionForHR
Line: 0
Column: 0

Source: DirectShowLib-2005
TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32)
StackTrace:    at DirectShowLib.DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 hr)
   at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.DSScreenCapture.createGraph()

Edit: trying to reinstall Ogama, I get an errormessage: Proppage.dll failed to register. ( I have no admin rights on my University laptop) I continued installation. And installation finished with the remark that ogama installed succesfully

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM

The error indicates, that your capture graph is not correctly created during screen recording, that may also be the reason for the black screen during playback, try to change the ffdshow default encoding codec (see http://ogama.codeplex.com/workitem/17) until the error does not occur. Otherwise I need (as always) more detailed steps to reproduce.

The proppage.dll does not need to be registered for ogama to work properly, its just a helper dll for debugging the direct show graphs.

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I had the same problem (Windows 8, 64bit):

StackTrace: at DirectShowLib.DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 hr)
at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.DSScreenCapture.createGraph()

and then

StackTrace: at DirectShowLib.DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 hr)
at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.DSScreenCapture.Stop()
at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.DSScreenCapture.set_Filename(String value)
at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.PresenterModule.PrepareScreenCapture(Int32 shownTrialCounter)
at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.PresenterModule.PrepareNextSlideAsynchronously(Boolean trialChange)
at Ogama.Modules.Recording.Presenter.PresenterModule.CheckforSlideChange(Boolean timeOver)

After going through the code, I realized that the OgamaCapture DirectShow filter was not installed on my system. Manually installing OgamaCaptureX86.ax using the DirectShow Filter Manager solved the problem.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Thanks for you error message and sharing your Workaround!
I will need to rewrite the installer to register this properly during Installation (which i will Need to do anyway, cause visual Studio 2013 does not Supports the installer projects anymore -> now trying Wix)
Regards, Adrian
Mar 27, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Did you consider NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)? Have reasonably good experiences with that installer. Any idea when a new version will be released? :)
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I used NSIS for another Project and found it usefull as well. But didn´t got my Hands on Wix until now so wanted to try this out. It seems that Wix will solve some of the deployment bugs.
New Version release will be before end of June 2014.
Regards, Adrian