This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SOLVED: The following error occured: Attach database failed for Server 'xxxx\SQLEXPRESS'.

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Edited Apr 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Adrian, thanks for the great new release. i am so hapy with the desktop recorder! It is just perfect. Now I hope I can get Ogama to work on my laptop soon, so i can start my experiment in school.

After a lot op trouble installing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 on my laptop ( keep the installtion window in focus was the trick I found on the web) I finally managed to install the server. i have an instance running. Acoording to the SQL SERVER configuration manager is is called MSSQLSERVER.

When I start Ogama and start a new experiment I get the following erromessage: "Please specify the correct name for the running SQL Server instance."

I filled in MSSQLSERVER.

SQL SERVER runs as LocalSystem. Ogama runs under my user name when I look at the windows task manager.

This may cause the problem, but I do not know how to solve it.

Does anyone knwo what i must do to get this setup to work?

Regards

Martijn

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Ok, this is for other users encountering the same problem, Martijn already solved himself.

This error occured on different machines with different reasons.
A) not enough user rights
B) database files on network drives not allowed
C) wrong instance name, default SQLEXPRESS is not true on original SQLSERVER installations.
Hope this helps, Adrian