This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

OGAMA 4.2 connection issue and OGAMA 3.2 crash after GT calibration

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Hi there,

We're using OGAMA on Windows 7 x64 with GazeTracker.

We find it works best if we use OGAMA 3.2 with direct connection to Gaze Tracker. Calibration and connection all work fine, however when we set to record, a warning message appears saying "OGAMA has stopped working" with problem event name "clr20r3". Testing continues fine after this, however attempting to record another subject will crash the program. Also after reopening Gaze Tracker and OGAMA, OGAMA crashes when record is pressed. This problem is reset when OGAMA is reinstalled.

With OGAMA 4.2 the calibration for GT does not work properly, however the gaze fixation is tracking correctly and feeding to OGAMA. Then after a couple of minutes the connection between OGAMA and GT drops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we are University Students using OGAMA and GT for a dissertation project, so this is pretty urgent!

Thanks,

jimmyh03

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I´m pretty sure you are using a thorlabs or a PS3, aren´t you?
What does You exactly mean with "With OGAMA 4.2 the calibration for GT does not work properly"? Can you capture a screen video with e.g. camtasia and upload it to youtube and post the link, so that I can see how it looks like.
There are lots of changes on the gazetracker in between 3.2 and 4.2 so I cannot recommend to use the 3.2.
Please also try the network client on 4.2 and tell me if there occur the same problems.

Regards, Adrian

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Hi,
Sorry, I should have been clearer, this is what has been happening with 4.2: http://www.screencast.com/t/7G5xkVzhYO (sorry the video's quite big)

Basically we've been using Gaze Tracker as an IP Client in Ogama. We start up gazetracker first, then open Ogama. Then on the record window select launch, this launches another instance of GT that we then close, after which we select connect in Ogama, so that Ogama and GT are linked. However once we've gone through calibration in GT, the connection drops.

We're using a Genius 321r webcam as it was recommended on the GazeTracker forums.

Thanks,

jimmyh03

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Hi Jimmy,

sorry for the late reply. I found your issue, will be solved in the next release 4.3 (changeset 728ceb281859). It is due to using the original gazetracker 2.0b, which does not send pupil diameter via the network client by default and ogama expect it to, so it crashed. Now I double check what is incoming...

A workaround in the meantime should be to use the with ogama delivered updated gazetracker 2.1 version which is launched on "launch" and closed manually by you. Do you have issues with the 2.1, so that you use the original version?

Regards, Adrian