This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mirametrix records, but raw data is not shown.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Hi Adrian,

I really enjoy the software. But I am with problems to read the data. The only information that I can get is Saliency Module. All others analysis do not show any information. I verified the data and they are available Database Module. Can you help me?

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hi Airton,

what you describe is a bit unspecific. If the saliency module works, than the slideshow is succesfully created. If no other modules work, this indicates that there is no data available, so did you restarted the modules after recording, this sometimes helps. How did you verify that there is raw data in the database module?
Did you only recorded mouse movements, they are not displayed by default in all modules? Please go in more details what your problem is.

Regards, Adrian

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Hi Adrian,

I use the eyetracker Mirametrix and I verified in Database Module and there are data available. How can I restart the modules? I restarted the program several times. I do not recorded mouse movements, only eyetracker

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Hi Airton,

if you restart Ogama, all the data should at least be available to all modules, there is no more restarting needed. I fear I don´t understand your problem right now, so please send me your complete project folder to adrian@ogama.net, so that i can have a glance on it and see what is going wrong. You did not provided an error message or detailed problem description, just stated "analysis do not show any information" and "I verified in Database Module and there are data available" this can mean a lot from my point of view :-).

Regards, Adrian

 

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hi Airton,

the raw data values should be in pixel coordinates, so if there is a problem with different culture settings (e.g. different default decimal separator) this could be the issue that you have raw data in the database, but far out of bounds, so ogama is treating them as miscalibrated and discards them from analysis.
Try to change the separator either in mirametrix settings or your current windows culture. Does this helps?

Adrian

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Hi Airon,

 

Had the same problem with the Mirametrix.

Just change . into , and visa versa in your windows system and you are ready to go.

 

Best

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Thanks a lot for your replay. I change the configuration and it was not successful about the problem. If I reinstall the software will affect the stored database of this project? How can I change the separetor configuration in Mirametrix?

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Did you chanced the seperator , & . in windows configurator > Region and Language > additional settings > number ?

Change the decimal symbol, grouping symbol and list seperator. This should do the trick.

 

Reinstalling should not change the database...As far as I know you can't change the seperator configuration in the Mirametrix software. Instead do it in windows itself like described above.

 

Good luck!

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Hi Airton,

data that is recorded with the wrong configuration will not be useful from within ogama unless you export it, update the wrong scaled raw data values with an editor and reimport it. Reinstallation of ogama doesn´t attract any of your database values.

Mirametrix is working on an update of their ogama interface that automatically detects the systems culture settings. In the meantime You have to change the separator settings in window not in mirametrix.
Thanks for the tips rikkie.

Regards, Adrian

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Hi

The problems was solved!! Thank you for help.