This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Changing experiment resolution cuts picture slides

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hi!

I tried to show an experiment on another screen then I built the experiment and the picture slides got cut.

The steps to preproduce:

- Built an experiment with jpg on a screen (eg 1600x900)

- connect a second screen and run experiment over that screen

- (message: screen resolution does not fit)

- change resolution (1280x900) of experiment over experiment settings

- run --> pictures have still the same resolution of the old screen and got cut

greetings, Ewald

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Hi Ewald,

yes this behaviour is expected and by design, cause automatic resizing would destroy all custom arranged slide layouts.
In the case of simple pictures this would be an option, but for all other slide layouts this is not a good idea.
So you would have to adapt the slides in the slidedesign module, if you change the experiments display resolution.

But be aware, that you should only do this of you havn´t collected gaze samples yet, cause you will get unanalyzable data if you mix recordings from different screen resolutions. The gaze data is saved in pixel data, not in relative screens size.

Regards, Adrian

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

"So you would have to adapt the slides in the slidedesign module, if you change the experiments display resolution."

I can't find that option in OGAMA 4.1. Sorry for that stupid question but I already tried to import the slides in a new experiment and it also not worked.

greetings, Ewald

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I meant the following:
- Change the experiments resolution
- Open the slidedesign module
- Open each slide (doubleclick on it, and adapt the size of the image (if its set to zoom it should do it now automatically)
- Close the slide and save the slideshow.
Does this works for you?
Regards, Adrian

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

no it does not work.

- I open experimental setting and change it to the resolution of the other monitor

-  change the main monitor

-  click preview --> pictures are cut

- go back to slideshow design module and dobleclick picture

- save

- click preview --> pictures are still cut

Where can I set the experiment to zoom in?

greetings, Ewald

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hi Ewald,
... in the slide design module ... after opening the slide with the picture ... select the picture (if it is set to zoom or stretch mode it will be resized in this moment) ... or right-click after selecting and choose "size full screen" ... click Ok ... save slideshow.
You cannot set the experiment to zoom, just each single picture can be set to zoom or stretch...
Hope this helps.
Adrian

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Hi!

Thanks worked fine! Had a macro running on that for a day but now I have the right resolution :-)

Only to mention it: From my perspective it would be nice for usability if after doubleclicking the image this image specific register would be already visible. Now you have to doble click the image again to see it. 

Had the first runs and works quite good! Thanks!

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Hi Ewald,
thanks for the usability report, I choosed another solution for this issue, the dock and center part of the context menu will also be visible in the layout section of the design module in the next release.
Regards, Adrian

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yes, that seems to be a good solution.

Greetings,

Ewald