This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SMI recorder data shift

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Dear colleagues,

I installed OGAMA 4.0 beta 7 on SMI workstaion (SMI RED 250 and iViewX 2.4).

The system works, but some strange things happened.

1. Some calibration markers (OGAMA calibration interface) are shifted to the bottom of stimulation screen.

2. Results (OGAMA analysis) show that all fixation points are shifted to upper-right corner of the screen.

3. I found stimulus screen resolution  settings in OGAMA, but I can't find screen size settings (Height and Width). It looks very strange.

Did anybody faced such problems?

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Hi Insider...
The SMI recording interface of Ogama is experimental, I had the SMI system with a HED one day at work to code it so no time for bug finding / fixing at all, sorry for that. At the end of the day it worked for me but is far from stable, so I do not wonder if there are problems with it during calibrating a RED ...
If your are working with SMI I have lots of good experience using ogamas import assistant, instead of using ogama for recording (even if I would prefer that). So use NBS presentation or other software to trigger the recording and import your data for analysis into ogama.

Also I would suggest, that you ask SMI for Ogama support, I know some of the guys there, but there were not enough people demanding support to convince SMI to write and support their interface themself, as other manufactures like Alea does and Mirametrix is working on.

Kind regards, Adrian

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for reply.

One more question. You wrote that you worked with SMI mobile eyetracker (SMI HED). HED recording results are: eye movements recording (IDF file) and scene video from HED front cam (AVI file).

But I couldn't find any support for video stimulus in OGAMA. Only static fictures and flash animation.

Will video stimulus analysis be implemented in OGAMA in future (like in SMI BeGaze)?

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Yeah, I know :-) The idf files can be converted to plain text for import. The scene video would be of interest, too. But it was a quick test on how to communicate with iView capturing the data stream via UDP, the data quality was ok  using a chinrest (which is, I know, somehow silly with the HED :-), think of it as a proof of concept). Ogama does not support videos at the moment (even if it is using screen videos during recording of flash movies internally). I had some requests on this feature and you´re invited to add it using the sources! I will assist you as much as I can, but there is not enough of my time left for this project at the moment to add features, trying to keep on bugfixing is even hard and time consuming :-).

Regards, Adrian