This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem to load photo files

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hello!

First of all,

Congratulations about OGAMA is an incredible program. Well done Adrian. I am running an experiment that includes 500 photos as a stimuli. OGAMA 3.4 didn’t have any problem to detect photos in SlideResources folder. When I used OGAMA 4 there was a problem to the detection of the photos,  even when  I had used exactly the same txt files to import the data. Ogama 4 is analyzing without any problem experiments that I have create with the OGAMA 3.4 but I can't create a new one with OGAMA 4 even with the last beta (7) version. I need some of the functions of Ogama 4 so I want to use this version

Thank you in advance for your efforts

Kostas

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Hi Kostas,
please describe the problem in more detail, adding a sample txt file for import and some of the pictures (->adrian@ogama.net) including the steps to reproduce the problem you have, so that I can track the bug down.
Regards,
Adrian

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hello Adrian

Thank you for your reply. I ‘ll attach to my mail the txt files, 2 of 500 photos and 1 screen image with the message of ogama.

Best regards

Konstantinos

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hi Konstantinos,

I found the bug regarding the import problems using the assignment tables you sent me. I fixed it in changeset 2ed147eb01a8 and will release it with the next version. Thank you for reporting. Be aware that there will be a huge memory demand on importing the data with your 500 pictures, your machine will need about 4 GByte of RAM to handle them well. You may try to split the slideshow into two projects until I find a way to reduce ogamas memory hunger.

Regards, Adrian

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Hello Adrian

Thank you very much about your repley, it was very helpfull. It is very important for me if you could inform me when will be realeased the next version of ogama..

Best regards

Konstantinos

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

If you have a codeplex account, you can subscribe for release notification in the download tab. Please have a look at 6.2, this is a planned release date.

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hello Adrian

I am using the latest version of OGAMA and I am trying to load to my project 3944 photos but only 502 have been loaded. I would ask you if there is any limitation to the number of the photos that I can load. My PC has a quad core processor and 16gb of ram.

Best Regards

Konstantinos

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Hi Konstantinos, there is no official number of photos limitation as far as I know, but the image handling is not optimized under memory considerations... so I expect problems with such amount of photos. Have a look at ogamas memory consumption with the windows task manager to see if you are getting close to system limitations. Also I would like to know what error do you get, when i´m trying to solve the huge memory consumption problem. Kind regards, Adrian.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Hello Andrian,

Thank you about your reply. I had a look at ogama memory consumption and it was about 3gb and 25% of CPU usage far away from the maximal capacity of my pc. On “replay mode” I select "play trials continously" but after a time period, even I can see the gaze cursor on the screen there is on background the message "Slide not found". At the right side of the screen at the "image browser panel" there are only 496 photos but can I select a higher number of trial on “replay module” but over the 496 trial no photo appears in background. 

Thank you in advance

Konstantinos

P.s. During the import procedure the following message is displayed:

Error on Τρίτη, 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2012, 8:08:58 μμ  - Experiment file could not be found.It will be removed from the recent files list.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error on Τρίτη, 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2012, 8:52:35 μμ  - Something failed during import.Please try again with other settings. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.2 When I prepared the same project with Ogama 3.4 923 photos was loaded

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hello Andrian,

Thank you about your reply. I had a look at ogama memory consumption and it was about 3gb and 25% of CPU usage far away from the maximal capacity of my pc. On “replay mode” I select "play trials continously" but after a time period, even I can see the gaze cursor on the screen there is on background the message "Slide not found". At the right side of the screen at the "image browser panel" there are only 496 photos but can I select a higher number of trial on “replay module” but over the 496 trial no photo appears in background. 

Thank you in advance

Konstantinos

P.s. During the import procedure the following message is displayed:

Error on Τρίτη, 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2012, 8:08:58 μμ  - Experiment file could not be found.It will be removed from the recent files list.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error on Τρίτη, 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2012, 8:52:35 μμ  - Something failed during import.Please try again with other settings. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.2 When I prepared the same project with Ogama 3.4 923 photos was loaded

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Hi Konstantinos,

that´s interesting! You are trying very special things with ogama :-) When using the "play trials continuously" button ogama tries to load all the stimuli and recorded data into memory to enable fluid replay, but that surely fails on such a huge project... I would like to try it on my devlopment machine, are you able to put your project folder anywhere on the web and tell me where I can download it for testing purposes -> Use : adrian@ogama.net, otherwise it will occur on the codeplex site readable for everyone.

Regards, Adrian

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Hello Andrian,

I send you a link with the folder of my project, could you take a look to discover the problem which I have to load the photos. Best regards,

Konstantinos

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Hello Andrian 

is there any progress to your testing procedure with my photos? Waiting your reply..

Best regards 

Konstantinos

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hi Konstantinos, I got your project, and had a quick glance on it, but not solved your problem yet, seems to be difficult. Because there is currently a lot of work on my default job, there is not much time for ogama so please be patient, as soon as I have a solution, I will get back to you. If you can´t wait, you may solve it yourself using the sources...
Adrian

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your valuable time that you spend about my project. I am waiting for your solution.

Best regards

Konstantinos

Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:19 AM
To: kflessas@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Problem to load photo files [ogama:286339]

Hi Konstantinos, I got your project, and had a quick glance on it, but not solved your problem yet, seems to be difficult. Because there is currently a lot of work on my default job, there is not much time for ogama so please be patient, as soon as I have a solution, I will get back to you. If you can´t wait, you may solve it yourself using the sources...
Adrian

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Hi Konstantinos,

what you are basically willing to achieve is to analyze a video…
This feature isn´t yet implemented. So you split the video into single frames and kill Ogama with 4000 frame slides :-)
It is a good test for ogamas performance and I was quite lucky to see it failing not earlier than after ~500 photos.
The problem you describe with the “Slide not found” error in replay module is that the slide import fails after the 500 photos so the slideshow does not contain the slides the replay module is calling during replay. The slides are really not found, cause they are not correctly created at import.

There are three workarounds:
A) Manually adapt the slideshow in the .oga file by adding all the missing slides (its plain XML, just copy and replace the name of the slides)
B) Await the next release, I think I have found a solution to fix this problem (changeset 819453c09fd4)
C) Await Ogamas being capable of video recording and analysis…

I will send you the .oga file for your project which has the A) workaround using B) :-)

Regards,Adrian