This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Managing Participants

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Hi!

First of all, OGAMA is an incredible program. Well done Adrian. I am running an experiment using OGAMA and have run into several minor issues.

1) How do I delete participants and their data?

2) How do I make the gaze spotlight smaller?

3) How do I remove the mouse cursor from the screen when in slideshow mode?

Thank you!

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Hi there,

thanks for your credits, glad to see you find it useful.

1) Go to the database module, select the subjects table, select the row of the subject you want to delete and click delete, this will remove all this subjects data from the database. You cannot delete multiple subjetcs at one glance.
2) This is not possible from the UI, you would have to change the line 2359 in ReplacPicture.cs changing the size of the bubbleRect
RectangleF bubbleRect = new RectangleF(newPt.Position.X - 75, newPt.Position.Y - 75, 150, 150);
I will do an update on this in the nect release, to make it depending on the numeric up down available for the fixation circles.
3) I do not know exactly what you mean:
a) In the slideshow module open the slide for which you would like to hide the mouse cursor, then go to the mouse tab on the bottom left of the dialog and select "Hide mouse cursor"
b) During replay just uncheck the mouse display modes.

Hope it helps,
Regards, Adrian

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Adrian, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I got it sorted out. One last question: how do I rename participants? When I try to type changes in the database module, I get an error message and OGAMA quits.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

By default you should not have the possibility to rename participants, please post your error message and the steps to reproduce.
If there is the urgent need to rename participants, there are two possibilities:

a) Export the participants data in ogama format using the export function of the database module, open the export file with an text editor and replace the name, reimport it. Don´t forget to recalculate the fixations table in the fixatiosn module.
b) (Strongly not recommended, be sure to make a backup of the project!)
Open the database mdf file in Sql management studio express, and rename each occurency there (don´t forget to rename the raw data table with the subjects name, too)

Regards, Adrian

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Regarding "How do I make the gaze spotlight smaller?"
Since changeset c16013b09f40 you may change the spotlight size with the numeric up down that is used to change the default fixation circle sizes.
Regards,
Adrian