This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Instance of an Object Error in Ogama

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Hello,

I have a new ThorLabs camera I wish to use in conjunction with Ogama, however, when I try to connect the camera within Ogama, I get the following error, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I downloaded C++ and the recomended drivers, however, I keep getting this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Luke

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hi Luke,
please provide the steps to reproduce your problem (right from ogamas start) as detailed as possible, to see if I can help. Also send me your exception.log file, this may include further helpful information.
Adrian (adrian@ogama.net)

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Adrian,

1. I open Ogama
2. I open an existing experiement
3. Click on "connect" icon
4. Receive a warning, "Error loading settings: ReadSubtree()...
5. Receive a warning, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
6. Receive another warning, "clean up failed" with the same "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Here is the exception log...

Error on Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 2:13:38 PM
- Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Source: mscorlib
TargetSite: Boolean MoveNext()
StackTrace: at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Ogama.Program.Main(String[] args)

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM, avosskuehler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Luke,
please provide the steps to reproduce your problem (right from ogamas start) as detailed as possible, to see if I can help. Also send me your exception.log file, this may include further helpful information.
Adrian (adrian@ogama.net)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogama@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogama@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Hi Luke,
I´m quite sure that this error is related to different version of gazetracker you are using. The one that is integrated in ogama and the one that is available from the gazetracker site. There has been changes in the way the gazetracker settings file is been written, so if you try to access the same settings file from ogama that has been written with the standalone gazetracker this error may occur, because both are using the same location for saving settings files (should change this btw :-)).
So please try to delete all gazetracker xml settings files before loading ogama and this error shouldn´t show up.
Regards, Adrian

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for the response! I ended up downloading an older version of Ogama (3.4) and this seems to work in the recording module. However, only the first slide in my presentation is recording gaze and mouse tracking, while the rest of my slides are only recording mouse movements. What would be causing this? Also, when I try to edit slides I imported (from when I was using Ogama 4.0), I get the following error...

Error on Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 7:39:43 AM
- Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Ogama
TargetSite: Void PresenterModule_Load(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
StackTrace: at Ogama.Modules.Recording.PresenterModule.PresenterModule_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error on Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 7:39:48 AM
StackTrace: at Ogama.Modules.Recording.PresenterModule.PresenterModule_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error on Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 7:45:44 AM

Could you please help me figure out what is going on? I tried deleting the gazetracker xml settings files within Ogama 4.0, however, it still didn't work. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Luke

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 2:47 PM, avosskuehler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Luke,
I´m quite sure that this error is related to different version of gazetracker you are using. The one that is integrated in ogama and the one that is available from the gazetracker site. There has been changes in the way the gazetracker settings file is been written, so if you try to access the same settings file from ogama that has been written with the standalone gazetracker this error may occur, because both are using the same location for saving settings files (should change this btw :-)).
So please try to delete all gazetracker xml settings files before loading ogama and this error shouldn´t show up.
Regards, Adrian

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogama@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogama@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Hi Luke,
you cannot open experiments edited with v4 version using 3.4... It is to much work to make it compatible in both directions. Sorry.
The other errors you get are not reproducable for me, so please try it again with the beta-3 version right from the start... and if you get the same problems, send me your experiments folder along with the steps until you get the error.
Adrian