This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Presentation Slides Templates

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Hello,

I'm new to OGAMA and am trying to create a slide presentation to interface with my eye tracking camera for a study. I am just wanting to present items one slide at a time. Are there any templates available for download to which I can just alter the text? I'm having trouble creating the slides from scratch. Is there a way to import from PowerPoint?

Luke

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Hi Luke,

thanks for your interest in Ogama. There is a template project called SlideshowDemo available at the homepage www.ogama.net in the download section.
But creating a text slide should be really easy, so I would like to ask you if you may describe your problems during creating the slides from scratch.
Please provide the steps to reproduce your problem, so i may fix it.
And no, there is no way to import from Powerpoint directly just a workaround: Export the slides to a graphic file with correct screen size and use it as an image slide.

Regards,
Adrian

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Adrian,

Thank you so much for your help! I am wanting to present personality questionnaire items to participants and track their eye movement to see if they are being deceptive for certain items within the questionnaire. It is a really straight forward study to assess applicant faking on personality based measures. I only need to present the item, the response options, and a clickable link for each response option to move onto the next presentation slide.
Thanks again!
Luke

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM, avosskuehler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Luke,

thanks for your interest in Ogama. There is a template project called SlideshowDemo available at the homepage [url:http://www.ogama.net] in the download section.
But creating a text slide should be really easy, so I would like to ask you if you may describe your problems during creating the slides from scratch.
Please provide the steps to reproduce your problem, so i may fix it.
And no, there is no way to import from Powerpoint directly just a workaround: Export the slides to a graphic file with correct screen size and use it as an image slide.

Regards,
Adrian

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogama@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogama@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Hi Luke,

first, would suggest, that you remove your mail and adress including the whole reply quote from the discussion forum, it is public at codeplex even if you replay as a mail.

To create a questionaire do the following:
1) Create a new text slide in the slide design module
2) Type in the header and place it where you like it
3) Select the header and hit Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, a popup will show up, asking you whether you want it as a target or a stimulus element, select "Stimulus element".
4) Place the copy where your first answer should be and modify the text at the left side of the module, or double click it, to modify its other properties.
5) After finishing all answers go to "Target" Tab at the bottom left of the module
6) Click "add rectangle" and draw a rectangle around each MC answer, they should appear in yellow.
7) (optional) Switch to the tab "Testing" and specify the correct answers
8) Switch to the tab "Timing" and select "Mouse left but only in target areas" by clicking the appropriate buttons and checkboxes (don´t forget to click the "add condition" button.
9) Click "OK" and your slide design is done.
10) Save the changes and start recording.
11) In the statistics module you are able to analyse target clicks and correct/false answers (of there are any).

Tell me, if it works for you.
Regards,
Adrian

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I have a similar issue: I'd like to run a survey after each visual stimulus. The solution you describe above works, but it not optimal; Main problem I see is that there is no visual feedback that an answer was selected, which can be particularly confusing when there are multiple questions with multiple answers (Likert scales).
Would there be any way to integrate interactive media into the slide show?
Feb 17, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I have a similar issue: I'd like to run a survey after each visual stimulus. The solution you describe above works, but it not optimal; Main problem I see is that there is no visual feedback that an answer was selected, which can be particularly confusing when there are multiple questions with multiple answers (Likert scales).
Would there be any way to integrate interactive media into the slide show?

Cheers, Ulysses
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:36 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.