This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Browser Slide

May 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Hello! OGAMA is a great tool!! I am trying to record mouse movement on webpages.
I created an experiment and added Browser Slide as stimuli, and record mouse movement...
But when I try to reply it, or make an attention map with it... it won't show the original webpage capture! 

Is this a bug? Or is it a feature that has not been implemented yet?

Thanks!

Eric

May 22, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Hi Eric,

this is a known issue for some webpages. The page capture does not work and retreives a blank screenshot. Some pages will, some pages won´t ... Jakub has been working on it to find the reason and may solved it, currently just awaiting his update to the trunk.

Kind regards, Adrian

May 23, 2011 at 3:16 AM

OK. Let me keep checking the software update on regular basis then.

Thanks!

Eric

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Hi Adrian,

Any news about fixing up of the webpage capture issue yet? Please let me know! Thanks.

Eric 

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Hi Eric,

with changeset b1d5d1fe0912 the problem is solved at least for the webpages that I know had been buggy before... If you find other pages that won´t work, please let me know.
A problem is still there (with no solution so far): Pages with lots of good old frames can be tracked, but the scrolling of the individual frames can not be tracked for each frame separately, so in replay you will see the whole page scrolling instead of the single frame.

Kind regards, Adrian

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the update! I downloaded the b1d5d1fe0912 ZIP file... but I cannot seem to find the setup.EXE file! Is it some kind of source code? If so, could you provide the EXE file instead? I have no idea what to do with the files I downloaded. 

Thanks!

Eric

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi Eric,

this is a source code link, so you would have to compile it yourself using visual studio professional 2008. Instead I might release another interims beta 3 version. See what I can do next month.

Regards,Adrian

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:39 AM
Okie!
Was it written in Visual C# or Visual C++?

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:10:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Browser Slide [ogama:258198]

Hi Eric,
this is a source code link, so you would have to compile it yourself using visual studio professional 2008. Instead I might release another interims beta 3 version. See what I can do next month.
Regards,Adrian
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogama@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email ogama@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Aug 24, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Hi Eric,

Ogama is mostly written in C#, some project parts are using C++, too (mainly DirectShow filters).

Adrian