This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ITU Gaze Tracker 2.0

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Hi,

Are there any plans to integrate ITU Gaze Tracker 2.0? 

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Yes, I´m working on it. Javier and Martin have changed a lot during improvement process :-).

Regards, Adrian

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Hi

I just wanted to give a bit of encouragement, I have done a bit of piloting with your excellent software and I just want to say that I am extremely impressed!

I did have 2 questions;

1. will the update include the newest version of ITU gaze tracker, they did some great work over there an it now outputs pupil diameter in the latest RC.

2. have you done any timing validation?  I am very interested in using OGAMA in studies where reaction time and psychophysiological response will be recorded (btw. thank you for incorporating the ability to send parrellel port triggers!) and it would be important to have good timing accuracy on these measures.   If you have not measured the timing of the parallel port, I may be able to do this on our set up, but I will not be able to get to it for ~1month)

thanks again for a great tool!

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Hi,

1. The current V4 Beta does already includes the recent gazetracker version, but the pupil diameter is not yet send to Ogama, because Gazetracker does not supplies it in its default GazeDataChanged event. Will update it, if there is time. You´re invited to participate yourself by updating the sources, both applications are open source ...

2. I did a lot of timing validation and it largely depends on your systems setup and the stimuli you are using. There is always some latency (can be <15ms), but for have it as small as possible:
- deactivate user video
- do not use flash or web stimuli
- use at least a dual core system with 3 GByte RAM.
- to synchronize with the parallel port be sure to send triggers on every new slide, they are send at real time, so there should be no latency

Regards,
Adrian

May 28, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Edited May 28, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hi Adrian and CogSci,

First of all, Adrian, thanks for the GT2.0 update, it's a pretty powerful package when combined with your software. Together we're really pushing the frontiers for open source eye tracking. Currently we are preparing another update to 2.1 which improves performance even more. Less CPU and memory consumption, higher framerates, and several bugfixes and additions (like the pupil diameter output). Ideally we should try use the network client more to reduce dependencies on code base. Feel free to send me any suggestions or features you'd like to see in the coming release. 

Best wishes, 

Martin

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Hello to all,

I would like also to congratulate you for the great work you have done. I am currently developing my Master thesis and I would like to customize and apply some changes in Ogama and Gazetracker. Is there an easy way I can apply changes in the current version of Gazetracker (2.1b) and then embed it in Ogama? I tried building the current version of Gazetracker and then overwriting the .dlls in Ogama(version 4.0.4199), adding some references and renaming some classes but there were too many errors I couldn't figure out a solution. Finally is the project "Ogama client" in the Gazetracker used in Ogama and if yes does it offer total encapsulation I didn't see? Sorry for the many questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Thomas

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Hi Thomas,

with changeset 71826ce2b1ef Ogama supports the 03.07.2011 version of the gazetracker. There has been again lots of breaking changes that had to be fixed in the ogamaclient. I also added the pupil diameter values to be written into ogamas database.

The way to use gazetracker and ogama together is the ogamaclient project in the gazetracker repository, it encapsulates the connection and manages the calls into the gazetracker library. If you will get this up and running, than you may copy the compiled gazetracker and client dlls into the managed dll folder of ogamas project and compile ogama and it should be done. This is not that easy but the way it goes. Just overriding the ogama instances of the gazetracker dlls with newly compiled will by default break the interface.

If you are going to modify further things, you´re invited to ask again and I will surely can help you, but not often that fast...

Regards,
Adrian

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Hi Martin,

the problem on using the network client is that I want the eye image be shown in the ogama module form, this won´t be ever send via UDP... I currently can not imagine another solution.
The pupil diameter output was also only coded for the network client, so I had to add a small GTExtendedData class which fired new data including the pupil diameter just as the GTGazeRaw does. You may merge these two together, if you don´t like it. Also one note on it: the diameter is currently calculated as (width+height)/2 of the surrounding blob. This is more or less an average diameter... are you able to determine the maximal diameter from your track data?

I´m glad to see the native PS3 support (even if it does not work together with ogamas screencapture filter) but if you have such a camera connected, in the settings tab, there is no camera and no resolution displayed, this is a bit odd :-)

Kind regards, keep up your good coding!
Adrian