This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

pupil diameter

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Very exciting project, I've just started playing around with it, but I am very impressed so far.
Any thoughts about including tools to analyze, or at least export pupil diameter changes in response to stimuli?  We are very interested in looking at this?  If you do, it would be nice if it could accommodate both eye trackers data formats that export a x & y for pupil diameter and ones (like ASL's for example) that only produce a single diameter value. If I was going to prioritize, the single value would be easier (I assume), and more immediately useful for myself.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM

To be honest: there are currently no plans on improving the pupil data analysis, but I invite you to participate on the code improvement, I will support you as much as I can.

There is a charting modul on my todo list (but not on the top of it...) to at least display pupil diameter changes. The current columns for Pupil Diameter are populated with the data and exported in the raw data export, but otherwise are not used. They are populated with x-Diameter and y-Diameter or min/max ellipse apertures, or max ellipse aperture right and left eye according to import or tracking device, just as you specify it. Have a look at how the data is populated in the classes derived from the Tracker class in the recording subfolder.

Regards, Adrian

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I'm using version 3.4. Is there a way to track pupil size or dilation in Ogama? I did not see it as an data option. I would also like to use Pupil Dilation in my study.

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Hi, version 3.4 doesn´t support pupil diameter in conjunction with the ITU gazetracker, because it uses an older version of the gazetracker which did´t supported it. Please use the new beta-3 version of ogama which uses an updated gazetracker dll which supports the pupil size. It is as stable as the 3.4 as long as you don´t use it for web page tracking. This feature is at beta state.

Regards, Adrian

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Hi there, with the V4-Beta 4 both gazetracker clients are updated to care about the pupil diameter, it is send and correctly written to database.
Regards, Adrian